by W.R. Hodgens Marine Insurance, Inc.
Charter Boats Insurance News
The Best Place to Charter- The Virgin Islands
The Virgin Islands
The best place to charter a boat is the Virgin Islands, U.S. and British both.
You cannot beat the weather, the great cruising conditions, the closeness of the islands, plentiful anchorages and marinas, many charter yachts, both crewed and bareboat available, and interesting things to do ashore.
Of course, none of this would matter if the water wasn't spectacular! Warm and clear everywhere you go inviting you to swim, snorkel, dive and play on and under the water.
You can start in either St. Thomas of the U.S islands or Tortola of the British Virgin Islands. Both offer well known and experienced charter boats perfect for cruising with all the amenities. Flying into St. Thomas is easier, flying into Tortola puts you in the middle of the cruising grounds.
The famed Sir Francis Drake channel beckons with sheltered waters stretching between the islands of St. John, U.S.V.I. and Virgin Gorda, B.V.I. which are only about 15 miles apart.
If you charter a crewed boat, provisioning food and beverages will be already done for you to your preferences. You can provision yourself on arrival for a bareboat or the bareboat company will do this in advance for a fee.
Winds in the Virgin Islands are usually easterly so plan an itinerary going to Virgin Gorda and back to have the easiest trip returning to home base.
Some of the island highlights are:
- St. Thomas: Great shopping and restaurants for the start or end of the trip.
- St. John: Clearing customs coming and going to the British V.I. is the best option. St. John has white sand beaches and beautiful anchorages.
- Tortola: Clearing customs to the B.V.I. and back is the best place. Good restaurants and great marinas found here.
- Jost Van Dyke: A little out of the way southeast is a most pleasant island where the fun times roll evey night ashore.
- Norman Island: Excellent achorage in the large harbor with the floating bar "William Thornton" and the caves for snorkeling around the point.
- Peter Island: A hide-a-way from everything and a nicely sheltered bay perfect for water sports. Peter Island Resort, the only hotel is an upscale delight.
- Cooper Island: Small with a single restarant, a treasure of the Caribbean.
- Virgin Gorda: South end of the island has the famous Baths, huge rock formations at the water edge (pictured above) and a world class marina not far away. North Sound at the other end has many resorts and a huge anchorage with marinas.
Charter in the Virgin Islands, you can't go wrong!
Charter Boats Insurance by W.R. Hodgens Marine Insurance offers insurance for charter boats and charter yacht fleets. Contact us using our Charter Boat Quote form today for more informantion.
|Charter Boats Insurance|
|by W.R. Hodgens Marine Insurance, Inc.|
|2015 SW 20th St., Suite 100||Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315|
|Ph: 954-523-6867||Fax: 954-523-6488|
|Toll Free USA: 800-990-WAVE (9283)|
Located at Lauderdale Marine Center,
the nation's premier boatyard!
Charter Boats Insurance for Boats, Yacht and Marine Vessel Insurance
©W.R. Hodgens Marine Insurance, Inc. Terms & Conditions